The department of entrepreneurship and human development was established in 2012. It also offers certificate and diploma courses in:
- Banking and Finance
- Co-operative Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Secretarial Studies
It also offer KASNEB courses in CPA, CIFA, ATD and CAMS. A number of KASNEB students have excelled well and have been recognized during KASNEB celebrations which has earned them quick access KASNEB to employment. The department hope to introduce Guidance and counseling at Certificate and Diploma level also short courses in Salesmanship and customer care. Higher diploma is offered in secretarial and sales and marketing.
The department is equipped with a good office, is quite visionary and integrates information technology in production of quality graduates with great entrepreneurial acumen who fit very well in the dynamic world of globally competitive business.
The core mandate of the department is:
- To provide training to students at craft, diploma and higher diploma level in entrepreneurship and Human entrepreneurship development
- To do research in related areas
- To provide training in Research leading to trainee project and business plan writing.
- To come up with innovative production unit projects and community outreach projects
The Core Functions of the department include the following:
- Delivering the curriculum content through professional teaching
- Scheduling of teaching and learning activities
- Carrying out evaluation of the learning process and learners
- Carrying out research and production activities
- Designing and implementing community outreach programs in line with TVETA act
- Guiding and counseling of students and staff
- Producing holistic graduates who will fit well in the dynamic market
To this end, the department is endowed with high level labor force that propels trainees to the job market and beyond.